Oakworth are delighted to become associate members of the PFS.
To become an associate member, you need to embed 8 core principles into a firm. These are:
1. Act in the best interests of clients, using a customer charter to aid transparency;
2. Demonstrate integrity, probity and fairness by aligning with the code of professional ethics & conduct;
3. Comply with the spirit as well as rules of regulation;
4. Comply with the spirit as well as the rules of employment law;
5. Invest in your people by funding a policy of ongoing training & professional development
6. Operate a clear diversity & inclusion policy, for both your staff & clients;
7. Operate a policy of corporate social responsibility; and
8. Adhere to transparent governance standards and processes.
These core values were already integral to our business, so it was a logical step to pursue the associate firm accreditation.
Richard Douglas, Director at Oakworth, described the award of the associate mark as “proof that Oakworth is run in a fair and ethical manner which puts the wellbeing of our clients at the forefront of the business”.